Several times a year, I practice 30 Days of Gratitude, and everyday I post something I am personally grateful for. Some days, indeed, it is harder than others but therein lies the challenge. Abundance is found in Gratitude.
I have posted these, Dear Reader, so that you may be inspired to remember the abundance in your own life. Be blessed, always.
1. I am grateful for my friendships, old and new. Life is perpetually beautiful through the prism of love.
2. Today, I appreciate being me. Yay ME!
3. I appreciate the negative experiences in my life, for they give me lessons, strength and hope. They are the bounce that propels me to even higher places and greater happiness.
4. I am grateful for my ability to see the beauty and tragedy in the world.
5. I love being Black!
6. Location is everything, and I get to live in California. It never gets old.
7. I am grateful that I have the ability to walk. I will never take for granted my ability to control my own body.
8. I am grateful to be alive. It is not always fun or easy, but I am always glad.
9. I appreciate the Sun. It literally and figuratively gives me life.
10. Hooray for music! Sweet, sweet music.
11. I appreciate opportunities to learn, and change, and grow.
12. I am grateful to be of service to my communities, to my loved ones and to humanity.
13. I appreciate my freedom, in all its forms.
14. I am grateful for my ability to write poetry. Genuine expression is invaluable.
15. I have faith.
16. I am finally becoming skilled in the art of Self-Care.
17. I appreciate my solitude. When I am alone, I most clearly hear myself.
18. I am glad the day is over. Every ending is a new beginning.
19. Blessed with the ability to be happy anyway. There can be no shadows without there being light.
20. I am grateful that I always, somehow, have enough.
21. I am grateful for the newness of it all.
22. I am grateful to have so much to be grateful for.
23. I truly appreciate dignity – my own, and that of others.
24. I am learning to appreciate the climb up the mountain as much as I know I will appreciate the view from the peak.
25. I am grateful, and lucky, for my inherent optimism, pain in the the ass though it may often be. Yay for the power of positivity!
26. I appreciate forgiveness – in practice, as a concept and as a state of being.
27. I am grateful for tomorrow, and that it never comes.
28. I am grateful to the floor, for catching my fall.
29. I am grateful to have choices. I will choose happiness, everyday.
30. I am grateful for a sense of humor, because life is HILARIOUS.